While everyone is talking about the film ‘Sanju’, I am still in shock since watching ‘Race 3’. I have never been this terrified after watching any film.
I am not a film critic because I don’t want to be one but the torture that I have gone through while watching this film, I can’t resist to share my views about it:
1. If you want to make something out-of-the-box, break the rules but before that you should know what the rules are. The makers of ‘Race 3′ are surely unaware of the basic filmmaking rules. Breaking 180 degree, using unsuitable lenses for basic shots, taking shots from abnormal heights and the list goes on.
2. When a truck hits a car, the car is immediately burnt and there’s a huge explosion, fine, we understand that the Batman’s car is also capable of doing that, although trillions of dollars are invested in the equipment and gadgetry that is provided to Batman but it’s okay, we can buy this justification, but, a big BUT.. when the truck appears again in the next shot, it’s newer than before, in fact this time its crystal lights are more glittery than ever. Why?
3. Unnatural skin defusers are causing the characters’ facial skin to look as if there is some animation going on on the face of those characters.
4. There’s a twist, wow, okay now let’s discuss that twist. That’s what is happening in the film. Every twist is later on discussed by different character’s of the film as if the writer is unsure about whether his twists are understood by the audience or not. That is all I have to say about the screenplay of the film.
5. The wardrobe of Salman Khan. Dude this is 2018, not 1998.
I wonder what would be the reactions of senior actors like Anil Kapoor after watching this film for the first time ever.
The film is not a drama, thriller, comedy, horror, magic realism, noir or any other genre I could remember of. They may have a new genre for it, something like lame action magic or something. It is clearly the best example of the “don’ts” of filmmaking.
I rate it 1/5. ‘1’ because my keyboard’s zero is not functional.
#DirectorsNote #Blog #JustAthought #AHAthoughts #DN #Filmmaker #Scribbler #Thoughts #Race3 #FilmReview #FilmCritic #Critique #Bollywood #SalmanKhan #BobbyDeol #Films #AmeerHamzaAsif